Última actualización el 23 de marzo, 2018 a 08:00 a.m
Hiding wp-admin folder on your wordpress site
Securing your website is a very crucial part of being a webmaster especially if you are using CMS like wordpress. WordPress is the past has been a testing ground of hackers making infected sites zombies that follow orders from the hackers. por suerte, wordpress has updated their platform to be bulletproof from possible future attacks and make webmasters websites more secure.
sin embargo, you can’t deny the fact that your wp-admin folder is bare naked for the public access. Everyone can just visit your login page by just going to https://hackolo.com/wp-admin and there you have it! The webmasters login page! Makes me anxious knowing that everyone can easily go there and input some random username and password until they got the correct ones. Although this is very unlikely to happen since there are Billions of combination your keyboard can produce. Many webmasters uses some general passwords and especially the legendary “administración” as username will dampen your spirit when a hacker successfully entered your website.
Below is the perfect method on hiding your wp-admin folder from public
By the use of a wordpress plugin called iThemes Security Check. Simply install and activate it.
- Go to your “Plugins” menu and click on “Add Plugin”
- Search on “ithemes security check” and hit enter
- Haga clic en “Instalar” (the image below says “Installed” since I already got this plugin)
- Ahora, go to the plugin dashboard and click on “ajustes” lengüeta
- Haga clic en “Choose a section” and select “Hide Login Area”
- On the Hide login area section tick on “Enable Hide Backend Feature” and enter the new address just like the example below.
- The SAVE it! Viola! Now the next time you login is by using the new address you just entered. Don’t forget unless you want to be locked out from your own website!
When someone visited your default login page like https://hackolo.com/wp-admin they will be redirected to a 404 página since this is not working anymore. Al igual que la imagen de abajo.
You’re the only that knew the right address to login! Suena genial? Now secure your website now!