Last updated on April 2nd, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Best Ways to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages
In this time when smartphones rule the world, text messages have become an integral part of our lives. It is the most used method of communication and is also one of the easiest ways as well. When there is something that is required to be passed on to someone but it is not that important, is when we resort to text messages instead of calls. It also gives us physical evidence of all the conversation that has happened. It brings another issue of losing these messages due to accidental deletion, software problems and other problems.
Now if you are really in need to bring back deleted texts messages on your phone this tutorial will surely help you. We will teach you the ways to recover these text messages which has been deleted from our device. So look no further, here are a few applications you can use to recover deleted messages from your phone.
FonePaw Android Data Recovery App – [Download Link]
- Download the FonePaw application on your computer – it is available for both windows and Mac operating systems.
- Connect your phone to the computer – do not worry about your phone getting hacked as it will be protected throughout the process.
- Turn on the android’s USB Debugging setting – the option is available in the settings option.
- Choose the messages to recover – once the connection is established successfully, tick on the message box and click next.
- Authorize the application to analyze the device – when asked whether to provide the application access to scan files, click allow when the pop-up window appears.
- Preview and recover – once the application scans the files, you get the choice to read through the messages and choose which messages to recover.
- The recovered messages will be saved in CSV and HTML formats on your computer. Make sure to back up the messages regularly to not lose them.
Android Data Recovery – [Download Link]
- Download and install the application depending on the operating system you use – it is available for Windows and iOS.
- Now connect the phone to your computer – make sure to have at least twenty percent battery left on your phone before going through the process.
- Enable USB Debugging – the phone will have the option to enable USB Debugging for all Android phones in its setting. Go to the settings and enable it so that the application can work its magic.
- Choose the type of files to restore – a menu comes, from where you can choose the type of files you can restore ranging from text messages, what’s app messages, attachments, documents, audio, gallery and more. Tick on text messages.
- Allow the device to scan – a pop-up window might appear if your Android device is rooted, for you to allow the application to access the files on your phone.
- View and retrieve deleted messages – once the application is allowed to scan files, you will be delivered with the preview of the deleted messages which you can look at and choose the ones you want to retrieve.
- This process allows us to retrieve messages from locked phones too, proving it to be a very important tool.
Android SMS Recovery – [Download Link]
- Download the application – options to download the application securely are available for both iOS and Windows.
- Connect the phone to your PC – leave at least twenty percent charge on your phone before connecting it to the PC.
- USB Debugging – go to the setting of the Android phone and turn on the USB Debugging option if it is not yet on.
- Choose what to scan – if the phone have supports MMS, choose not just the messages option but also the message attachments option too. This allows you to retrieve both texts and MMS’.
- Oblige to the Super Users request – a pop-up window might appear asking for the user to allow the application to scan through the files on the phone. Click on allow.
- Choose the messages and attachments to recover – once the scanning is done by the application; choose whichever messages you want to retrieve. The deleted messages will be shown in red colour for you to preview. Select the messages and click on the recover bottom on the lower right corner to retrieve it.
Contact Phone Provider:
One of the ways to retrieve deleted messages is to call the phone provider. They might in some cases stored the messages, and it will be the easiest way to access the messages that you have lost. Sometimes it may be as easy as logging into your online account.
For Backup Tutorial Please Watch this video:
- If the option to backup the messages in iTunes is turned on, this method will be very feasible.
- Connect your phone to the PC using which you sync the phone.
- iTunes will be opened automatically in most cases. If not, open it manually.
- iTunes will show an option to choose your phone on the top right corner. Choose it and select the summary option.
- Now click on the ‘Restore Backup’ button to restore all the lost data inclusive of the messages to your iPhone.
- All the data that had been backed up previously will be added to your phone in a few minutes.
- Open http://icloud.com and login to your Apple account.
- Click on the option called ‘text messages’. It will show all the messages that have been backed up.
- Search for the messages you want to retrieve.
- Now open the iCloud setting on you iPhone and choose the open to turn off text messages.
- A pop-up will appear, and you have to choose the option ‘Keep on My iPhone’.
- Now turn on the text messages and click on merge. Wait for a few minutes, and all the messages you wanted to restore will be back on your iPhone.
Third Party Applications
There are some applications available online which will help you restore the messages you have lost. PhoneRescue by iMobie, Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery and WonderShare Dr Fone for iOS are a few applications you can use to retrieve lost messages from your iPhone.
Now, it isn’t that hard to retrieve phone text messages with the help of the above software surely you can do it all by yourself. It is not impossible to restore lost data and there are a number of ways for us to retrieve the lost messages from our phones. But none of the methods beat the typical good old method of backing up text messages on a regular basis. This saves us a lot of time and energy. But even if you have not, fear not, there are a lot of ways to recover lost data.