Table of Contents
Create A 3D Flag! This tutorial basically converts a normal 2D flag image to 3D which gives more vibrant and more realistic according to your needs. On this tutorial I’ll be using Photoshop CS3 yeah right pretty old but I love this version and of course you can make yours using any version of Photoshop you have.
This is very easy tutorial complete with images and a full video.
Here is the normal flag and the result:
- Find your flag in my case it’s the Flag of USA
- Find a silk like image that is distorted like this one.
- Open up your Photoshop software.
- Select the Silk image. Click “Image” on the top menu Adjustments>Desaturate or Shortcut CTRL+Shift+U.
- Now save the image as named as texture.psd
- Untick the layer visibility to make the silk image invisible on the workspace.
- Select your Flag
- Click on “Filter” on the top menu. Distort>Displace.
- Make sure scales are on Horizontal:10 and Vertical:10 and click OK.
- Find the texture.psd you just saved a while ago.
- Select it and click OK.
- Now your flag will be look like on the image below.
- Now, remember the Silk image you have just untick for visibility? Tick it again to make it visible.
- Select the Silk Image and on the top selection menu change from “normal” to “hard light“
- You should achieved the same result on the image below.
- Now you are Done!
In case you find it very hard to understand the context and images above I searched google and found this exactly the same tutorial but on a video.
Here’s the Video Tutorial
Thank you for passing by.